At The Property Warehouse, we like to keep you updated with all the latest reports on the market, so you can be assured you have the right information at hand, to make a decision about purchasing an investment property.
The following two reports come from CoreLogic, who specialise in provide analytics on the Australian market. An interesting point to note is the continued increase in high rise construction approvals. We are definitely building up more than ever.
The Monthly Housing and Economic Chart Report summarises performance levels from the previous month. A couple of key points to note are:
- Home values increased by 1.1% in August with values 2.4% higher over the three months to August 2016
- Over the past eight months capital city home values have increased by 7.5%
The June Quarter Regional Market Update considers the growth increases in regional areas as the major cities become less affordable. The major points from this report are:
- Over the year to June 2016, the Illawarra region recorded the largest annual increase in values for both houses (14.3 per cent) and units (13.9 per cent).
- For houses, Townsville was the only regional market analysed to record a fall in values, down 4.5 per cent, while unit values were lower across the Wide Bay (-1.2 per cent), Townsville (-3.7 per cent) and Bunbury (-6.0 per cent) regions.
- Transaction activity rose on a year-on-year basis across the Richmond – Tweed region, while across all other regional markets analysed, sales activity was lower over the year.
Don’t forget to register to view information about the latest property investment opportunities from around Australia.